Click for a larger view! Continue reading “The Shine Club Trinket”
(And really, partially a February Update, as I didn’t write a news post for most of February….)
March In Summary
In summary, March was a busy month! March saw:
- The preliminary findings of my study on the Auction House of World of Warcraft, as described in the February Update.
- The beginning and finishing of a new fanfiction short story, The Trials.
- Preparation and writing of my first published work, which is due to come out sometime in late May or early June.
- And perhaps most excitingly, the addition of a drawing tablet to my tools of trade, which gave me inspiration to start a web comic as well as sketch some other characters from my stories. I’ve even received a commission to do more!
February In Summary
As I didn’t post an update covering the rest of February, I figure it’s worth mentioning some of the work done here, as well. The end of February saw:
- The re-posting of most of my short stories and lore articles for the Elder Scrolls universe.
- The introduction of the character Keelath in the fanfiction series The Rise of Keelath, who has since popped up in a few other shorts.
- The beginning of the fanfiction series Son of Silvermoon, which has also been continued into March.
I have my irons in many fires now, but in April, I hope to focus on these goals:
- Continuing my Auction House research, including posting the latest findings from the data I took throughout March and the end of February.
- A restructuring of the site that will be more conducive to organizing series, whether those series belong to the web comic or my fiction.
- And of course, more web comics! The posting of these will continue on my DeviantArt account as well as here.
- I may also start doing more Special Editions that show the processes that go into my artwork, as well deleted scenes from my fiction. This will probably always be on a case-to-case basis rather than a scheduled thing, but if there’s ever a question burning in your mind about my work, please leave a comment!
I was going through some of my more recent work to get my new web comic set up here on the site (more on that later), and I found I had saved a few work-in-progress sketches for Evelos the Ren’Dorei. I decided to also post these, for those folks who are interested in my process for character sketches.
I admit to sitting here for several minutes trying to decide on a good title for this. Behind the Scenes? Special Edition? Sketches? Doodles? Work in Progress? I-Don’t-Even-Know? This-Is-Too-Long-For-The-Title-Window-So-Someone-Help-Me-Please…? Continue reading “Evelos the Ren’Dorei: Special Edition”
Click for a larger image! Continue reading “Dinner Before Raid”
A painting of Evelos in his ren’dorei (void elf) form. This was my second attempt at using my new drawing tablet, and my first attempt at adding shading to a character by making use of multiple layers.
You can read more about how I did this in its accompanying Special Edition post. You can read more about Evelos the character in these posts, though at present, no stories about him once his transformation into a void elf have made it onto this website.
My birthday gift to myself was a new XP-Pen tablet. I took it on a test run, and got this out of it:
“I am not Keelath. Not the one you remember. I never will be again.”
This scene was based on and uses pieces of the song “Memory” by Andrew Lloyd Weber. Perhaps in time when I clean this up as a stand-alone original work, I’ll write in my own poem, but in its fanfiction form, I figured pulling from two well-loved inspirations wouldn’t go too awry. Continue reading “Reunion”