EPIC at Gear
The second most common way of FAILing is a lack of good gear. It is also one of the more straightforward things to fix. As I’ve already gone into how to pick appropriate gear at length in one of my other guides, I’ll just give a few quick pointers here for things to check for regarding your gear:
- Are your trinkets for the right role (tank, healer, melee DPS, ranged DPS)? If using DPS trinkets, do they give the right primary stat (Agility, Intellect, Strength)?
- Are your Azerite traits for the right spec? Do they buff abilities you actually use in this content? (For example, Tectonic Thunder for Elemental Shamans is an AoE trait for Chain Lightning and Earthquake, and won’t do you much good on most Single-Target raid bosses.)
- Did you remember to set up Azerite essences? Do you even HAVE Azerite essences?
- Have you put gems in all of your socketed pieces of gear? If you’re playing the Battle for Azeroth expansion, is one of those gems your unique-equipped primary stat-buffing gem?
- Is everything enchanted that possibly can be? (In the Battle for Azeroth expansion, this is your rings and your weapon.)
- Have you checked what secondary stats you should be using, and does most of your gear have these?
- Did you forget to equip your gear, period? Are you wearing your RP clothes?
More detailed information on how to check these things, and determine what pieces of gear are best for you, can be found in “A Quick and Dirty Guide: Endgame Gearing, Part 2”.